In this article, you will be enlightened on how to open a PDF File. PDF is a file format that is used to present and exchange documents, independent of software, hardware, or OS. Adobe invents portable Document Format (PDF). It is now an open standard maintained by the International Organization for Standardization.
Portable Document Formats can contain links and buttons, audio, hyperlinks, embedded fonts, form fields, video, and business logic. PDFs can be signed electronically and are easily viewed using free Acrobat Reader DC software. The PDF file extension is a Portable Document Format file.
PDFs are used to distribute read-only documents that preserve the layout of a page. The portable document formats are commonly used for documents like user manuals, application forms, eBooks, and scanned documents, etc. PDF files are used to create and share documents.
How to Open PDF File on Android Phone
- To open Portable Document Format File on Android phone, download an app that supports it. You can either download Google Drive, Quick-office, Adobe Reader, or Foxit MobilePDF if you don’t have any of these apps on your phone.
- After downloading the app that supports PDF file, find the file that you want to open and click on it.
- The PDF file will automatically open.
How to Open PDF File on iOS
- Click on the PDF that you want to open. iOS device has a built-in PDF reader that can be used to open PDF attachments in emails or online.
- The next step is to click on the open PDF option to open the menu. It will allow you to select another app to handle the PDF.
- Click on the open in button; it will display a list of apps that support PDF.
- Choose the app that you want to use to open the file.
How to Open it on Window
- The first thing to do is download the “Adobe Reader app.”
- After downloading it, install it on your device; note that when installing Adobe Reader, a box will be automatically popup asking you to add McAfee to your computer. Kindly decline the McAfee offer.
- Double-click the file that you want to open after installing Adobe Reader.